Monday 20 March 2017

Week 27 Story 54 - I know they've seen my message - so why haven't they replied?


Phone breakup woes

I know they've seen my message - so why haven't they replied?

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/mar/17/i-know-theyve-seen-my-message-so-why-havent-they-replied
This article is about the issue people are facing on social media where they aren't getting replies even though messages have been sent. 
  • Most platforms tell you when your message has been opened – on Facebook Messenger, the recipient’s profile picture appears next to it. On Snapchat, the arrow goes from opaque to an outline. On WhatsApp and for Twitter direct messages, the tick turns blue. On iMessage, if your recipient has read receipts turned on, “Delivered” changes to “Read” – and it tells you the exact time they saw it
  • '' People with their read receipts turned on are either sadists or saints. There is no in between.''

I believe these social networking websites may actually be under threat by some of these protesters if they want to take this further.

No comments:

Post a Comment